Monday, July 28, 2008

Messy Business
My trip to work was kind of messy. An early morning meeting and trip across Fergus Falls made it impossible to get to work on time with my bike. Today I took my car to work. At my lunch break I drove home to check on some family business. Now was my chance to get back on my bike for my return trip.

The warm hazy day with a mild breeze will make a perfect ride. Can't find my helmet. Searched the disorganized garage. No luck. Then I remembered the last time I came home from work I had both my bike and my car at work. Don't ask. My helmet and sunglasses are on the staff lunchroom shelf.

I was determined to ride my bike back to work. My daughters old helmet was still hanging by the ladder. It is a size too small, but it will still give protection. With a small helmet, old sunglasses and the breeze at my back I made it to work for the second time.

Trying something new isn't always pretty. Today my efforts were messy, but I prefer action over inaction. I hope your ride to work was better than mine.

P.S. Back at work I discover I have a meeting across town. I should have checked my schedule. My bike will get me there. Hope the rain stays away. More mess.

No comments: