Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Biking in the Rain

It is 7:15 AM on Tuesday morning. Time to saddle up for another trip to work on my bike. My wife reports that we had an inch and a half of rain last night and it is still coming down. I have never biked in the rain before.

My mind races through the coats I could wear to repel the soaking rain. My raincoat is lined with vinyl. It is good at keeping the water out, but it is like riding inside a garbage bag. I will sweat enough to get soaked. My wind pants aren't water proof and the wet gel seat will soak through to my pants. Too many jokes at work.

The commute to work will be by car on rain days until I find better rain gear for biking.

Here is a search of REI web site for comfortable and effective rain gear. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

No comments: