Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Roadside Beautification Today

No bike ride today. It is roadside beautification day at work. This is the day we clean up the ditches on Hwy 59 north to Pelican Rapids. It is really hard to clean the ditches on a bike. So today I drove my van. Cars are great for picking up junk along the road. Cleaning the ditches will give me my exercise while we clean up America.

Here is a map of the plan . Be sure to click on the Roadside Beautification map. WCI staff can decide which team they would like to join. Greg, (our newest member of the the WCI regional planning team), feel free to offer suggestions for a better plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
What are you doing blogging at 6:30 a.m? I am still sleeping. However, I DO get up around 6:45 and if I leave my house at 7:30 I can walk the 2 + miles and get to work by 8:30. For me, I prefer walking to biking because I can (1) listen oldies on my iPod (2) listen to MPR on my walker's FM radio (3) catch up on a few phone calls (4) catch up on some podcasts downloaded to my iPod (5) all of the above.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Maryjane W