Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fergus Falls Bike Routes

I biked to the Sunrise Rotary meeting this morning at Cleveland School. Principal Scott Colbeck showed us around the remodeling and new construction. It looks great, Scott. Thanks for making all the improvements for better education for our kids.

Cleveland School is located on one of the FF bike routes marked with green and white signs. I assume this is a bike route so kids can ride to school. I decided to follow the route to work in my bike. My first impression. LOTS OF HILLS. I followed the green signs until I lost them near the railroad tracks. A quick swing over to Cavour and head west to College Way then onto Western Ave. I am at work by 8:20.

Does anyone know how the bike routes were planned? Do they just end in the middle of a neighborhood? Is there a plan for more routes through town? Who is in charge of the green signs? If you know any of these answers please add a comment at the link below.

No comments: