Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Bikers and Walkers in FF


The time is right to bike, walk, or take the bus to work or meeitngs. I have been on the lookout for evidence of more bikers, and walkers when I head to work. On Monday, when I have to drive, I snapped some bad pictures of people doing good things. While at stop sign a man, biking to work , crossed the intersection. He is in the right middle of the picture on the sidewalk (the camera is never ready when you need it). Later a man was jogging in the rain. Then I interviewed Loren




Loren Woolson has been walking to meetings before it was popular. When I asked him why he did it he simply said, " I like to walk to stay healthy and to save on gas." He is my hero. In the picture Loren is starting his walk home from a Bible study on Monday Morning.

It is like a treaure hunt. Can you find people biking walking or taking the bus around town?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Thanks for doing this blog. I just discovered it. I want to add a few bike racks to your map: Target (west side of the entrance), Fleet Farm (west side of the entrance), MSCTC - 3 bike racks (main entrance, gym entrance, and near the dragonfly)

Also, I would like to start a group here in Fergus Falls to bring human powered commuters together (bikers, walkers, etc). Would anybody else be interested in this? I'm thinking the 2nd Thursday of each month in the evening. My thoughts on the meetings would be to gather to share our tips and experiences and also just to have a support group as sometimes the traffic can be annoying.
Ramona Caswell
Chemistry Instructor at MSCTC and year-long bicycle commuter

Kim Embretson said...

Ramona

Thanks for leaviong the comment. I will add the bike racks to the map.

I will give you a call to set a date for the first Human Powered Commuter meeting. Several people have talked to me about doing more communting by bike or walking. Once we meet hopefully we can keep intouch with this bolg or a google group.

Kim Embretson