Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Night time safety.

The sun is rising later. My morning commute doesn't start until after sunrise, but I can see that will change soon. My bike doesn't have any lights. I have been thinking about the best way to light up my bike and see the road. The biggest concern is letting other motorist know that I am on the road. When I drive my car there are times when it is hard to see bikers or pedestrians. So what is the best way to get the attention of a motorist?

One web site for the Helmet Safety Institute list several helpful hints. They also cover extreme biking, whatever that is, and discuss body armour. The sub article about using car headlights with a battery pack is interesting.

Would a lighted reflective vest work with a bike head light to see the road? Let me know what you have experienced.

No comments: